SynCardia Video Center: Patient Stories
- Age: 73 (at implant)
- Diagnosis: Acute MI and VSD rupture
- Implant date: Sept. 7, 2012
- Freedom® discharge date: Feb. 4, 2013
- Status: Waiting for a matching donor heart at home
- Hospital: Penn State Hershey Medical Center
- Surgeon(s): Drs. Walter Pae and Edward Stephenson
Video Length - 4:14
*The Freedom® portable driver is CE approved for use in Europe and undergoing an FDA-approved Investigational Device Exemption (IDE) clinical study in the U.S.
CAUTION – The Freedom driver is an investigational device, limited by United States law to investigational use.