Careers at SynCardia
SynCardia Systems, LLC is a fast-paced, rapidly growing company committed to providing lifesaving technologies for patients with end-stage heart failure. Our product line includes the commercially approved 70cc SynCardia temporary Total Artificial Heart; the new, investigational 50cc Total Artificial Heart for smaller patients; the Companion 2 hospital driver for powering the Total Artificial Heart from implant until the patient stabilizes; and the Freedom® portable driver, a wearable power supply that allows clinically stable patients to be discharged from the hospital.
SynCardia is based in Tucson, Arizona, a city that enjoys more than 300 days of sunshine annually. The high-desert climate and surrounding mountains provide a perfect playground for year-round outdoor activities such as golf, hiking, biking and even winter skiing (just 30 miles away on Mt. Lemmon).
We are seeking dedicated, talented overachievers as we continue to expand and advance our life-changing technologies that make a difference in people’s lives all over the world.
Current Career Opportunities:
Senior Regional Sales Manager – Western Region
Department Name: Sales
Reports to: President/CEO
Supervises: This position is directly responsible for leading managers of the division and indirectly responsible for all employees within the division.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The Senior Regional Sales Manager position is responsible for establishing the sales targets to meet the company objectives. Responsible for developing strategic sales plans based on company goals that will promote sales growth and customer satisfaction for the organization.
- Skills and Abilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops annual sales plan in support of organization strategy and objectives
- Directs implementation and execution of sales policies and practices
- Ensures communications are coordinated, supports sales plan objectives and meets organizational expenditure requirements in conjunction with CEO
- Recommends sales strategies for improvement based on market research and competitor analyses
- Implements approved distribution strategies
- Manages multiple channel selling strategies
- Builds, develops and manages sales team capable of carrying out needed sales and service initiatives
- Stand in for CEO as needed with customers, conferences, trade shows, etc.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Senior “player coach” living in any active region in the western United States
- Proven sales leader by dollars and accounts
- National and international relationships with KOLs
- Capable of leading, recruiting, growing and managing
- Problem solving/analysis
- Business acumen
- Strategic thinking
- Customer focus
- Technical/clinical expertise
- Current cardiology/cardiac surgery/MCS experience
- Communication proficiency
- Education, Experience and Training
- Bachelor’s degree in science, business administration, sales and marketing or related field.
- Minimum 7-10 years in mechanical circulatory support
- MBA preferred
- Work Environment
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
- Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
- Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires frequent travel, more than 60%. Most travel is outside the local area and overnight. Some of the travel is international.
- Other Duties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Physical Demands
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com